Parental Notice of Right To Know Teacher Qualifications
As required by the No Child Left Behind Act, Fayette County Public Schools advises parents that they may request, and the school will provide in a timely manner, information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teachers, including the following:
- Whether the teacher has met state certification criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status through which state certification has been waived.
- The degrees earned by the teacher and the field of certification or degree.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
- Please contact the school principal at your child's school if you wish to request such information.