Math Lab Opening Soon
The math lab will be opening this year on September 2nd. Click Here for more information on the Math Lab.
Attention Parents of Juniors:
Balfour will be here Thursday, August 28th during first period to meet with your students and distribute informational packets regarding senior class rings. Balfour representatives will take ring orders on the dates listed below:
- Thursday, September 4th, after school from 4:00pm - 7:00pm (after school)
- Friday, September 5th, during all three lunches
- Wednesday, September 17th, during all three lunches (last day to order)
Chick-Fil-A Leadership Academy
Chick-fil-A Leader Academy is now at Sandy Creek High School. It is a national high school leadership program focused on impact leadership projects.
Chick-fil-A Leader Academy involves 30 students per school in a monthly curriculum where they learn valuable leadership lessons, ultimately culminating in three Impact Projects. The student leaders will meet once a month beginning in October.
Students can apply at: chickfilaleaderacademy.com/apply
The deadline is September 1st.
Cross Country At The 2014 Kosh Classic
The Sandy Creek Cross Country team participated in the annual meet honoring a legendary Cross Country Coach, Mr. Kosh. The picture above includes Coach Kosh in the front and three of our medal winning runners, Devin Hamill, Connor Dial, and Annalucia Yanar.
SCHS Football Wins Against Archer
Sandy Creek Patriots beat Archer, last year's only 6A undefeated team, 21-13. Their dedication and hard work was clearly seen at the game. Please continue to support our Fighting Patriots Friday, August 29, at the Battlefield against Jonesboro.
New Student Email
Student email addresses have been updated, and now include the student's graduation date. An example has been provided below for a student who is named John Smith and will graduate in 2015.
2014 Back to School Information
and Supply List
- STAY INFORMED DOWNLOAD OUR PATRIOT PARENT NEWSLETTER
- New School Start Time for Sandy Creek: 8:35PM to 3:45PM
- First Day of School for Students - August 7th
- Orientation for 9th grade and all new students - August 5th from 6:00PM to 8:00PM
- Sandy Creek High School Open House - August 26th from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Download the suggested 2014 school supply list
- Parking Permits are $50.00 and will be available August 7th - August 15th during lunch.
Sandy Creek High School would like to congratulate Mrs. Vlachakis for winning county teacher of the year! The FCBOE website states:
On April 25, 2014 there was silence as everyone waited for School Superintendent Dr. Joseph Barrow to open the sealed envelope, and then a roar of applause came from the crowd as he announced Alexandra Vlachakis as the 2014 Fayette County Teacher of the Year. Vlachakis, a technology and business teacher at Sandy Creek High, was one of three finalists chosen from 26 school-level teachers of the year who were vying for the honor. "I am humbled and incredibly honored to be here representing all of the teachers who have dedicated countless hours to their students," said Vlachakis as she took the podium to deliver her acceptance speech. Full Article>>